Guest Blogging Practice: The Benefits And Pitfalls
Guest blogging is done; it’s just gotten too spammy. In general I wouldn’t recommend accepting a guest blog post unless you are willing to vouch for someone personally or know them well. Likewise, I wouldn’t recommend relying on guest posting, guest blogging sites, or guest blogging SEO as a link building strategy.”– Matt Cutts, former Google engineer
History Of Guest Blogging
Pitfalls of Guest Blogging You Need To Place A Check On
- How many social followers the site has
- How many backlinks point to the site and the quality of those links
- If the site has original content or exclusively guest posts
Benefits Of Guest Blogging
- The post you create must be published on a website that is within or closely related to your niche. Anything less will simply be considered irrelevant.
- Also, the blog you create must actually be written by you. Any forms of article spinning or scraping are not acceptable practices. Additionally, the piece you craft must be well written and add value to the site it is published on. Most reputable sites won’t take poorly written materials anyway, so quality should always be your goal.
- The article you write for the destination must be unique and not a carbon copy or a re-write of a piece you published elsewhere. Moreover, the links you include need to be natural and relevant to the material.
- And again, ensure that the site has original content in addition to its guest posts.